What is a Patient Participation Group?
The Harlequin Surgery has a face to face Patient Participation Group.
You may be asking, what is a Patient Participation Group?
This is a group of patients working with a practice to:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of services
- Foster improved communication between the practice and its patients
- Help patients to take more responsibility for their health
- Provide practical support and help to implement change
- Each group determines its own activities according to the needs of the community and the practice itself
- Patient Participation Group’s work by building a relationship between the practice and its patients that breaks down barriers and shares information
- Patient Participation Group’s can develop to influence the wider NHS
Have you registered to be a part of our Patient Participation Group? If so, we would like to thank you for your feedback.
We are re-evaluating the areas for improvement this year. We welcome patients to join our Patient Group and have your opportunity to put forward your comments and suggestions.
If you are happy for us to contact you by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to reception.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
It is important you understand that this group will not be a way of complaining about the services we provide or the treatment you are receiving. If you have a complaint about this you must follow the usual procedure.
You may leave this group at any time by emailing email@example.com
To see the Patient Participation Group members profiling information please click here
To ensure that our PRG is representative of our registered patients we regularly send out invitations to patients selected at random who fit a category that is not yet represented to join our group.
If you feel you know anyone who might be interested in joining our PRG please ask them to contact us via the 'contact tab' at the top of this page.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.